This house was built on part of the original James Devlin grant of 1844. The house was built by Edwin Thomas 1885-90 and restored in 1897. Edwin Peirce (Pearce) purchased this land in 1898 from Richard Roy, who had owned seven lots. Peirce was a hospital attendant for many years. Home units have been built around Allowah and on the site next door.
Hunters Hill NSW 2110