This house was built in 1891 for H. Carpenter; the architect was William Martin and the contractor was E.H. Clarke. The house cost £697 to build, and architect’s drawings and specifications are held by the owners. The original house was wooden, on piers and with an iron roof. The front was on the northern (river) side. The house was sold in 1905 to Arthur J. Hare, civil servant, who owned it until 1928. The wooden posts and iron roof were replaced by brick and tiles some years ago.
Hunters Hill NSW 2110