John Cuneo (see also The Garibaldi next door) came from Genoa in Italy in 1854. The original part of this building, built by him in 1883, was long used as a butcher’s shop by his son Thomas. In the 1970s this property was renovated and extended to more than double its size; now comprising offices and shops, it is an example of a commercial property developed in the style of the original building and reflects a conscious attempt to preserve the Victorian character of the area.

35 Alexandra Street
Hunters Hill NSW 2110