This house was built in 1894 by Charles Edward Jeanneret. It was occupied in 1896-7 by J.M. Dempster, and S. Jeanneret appears to have moved here from 22 Woolwich Road in about 1900, calling this Yandra from 1903, according to Sands Directory. Mrs S. Jeanneret lived in the house until at least 1913. Yandra is a Fijian word meaning ‘hello’ or ‘greetings’.
Hunters Hill NSW 2110