The property is Lot 4 of DP9291 and was acquired from the Jeanneret family in 1920. The house was constructed around 1929 by W. Soloman & Son for Daniel Murphy Snr, master baker, whose family owned it until 1959. It was originally named Leslea. A fine example of an inter-war California Bungalow style liver brick cottage in a prominent position at the corner of Woolwich Road and Jeanneret Avenue, it demonstrates the interstitial development during that period on the subdivision of earlier estates. Tiled gabled roof and cross-gable over front verandah. Sandstone basecourse, cement rendered lintels and squat verandah columns. Front steps of Terrazzo. Stained glass and leadlight windows. Good intact exterior with unobtrusive side extension.
Hunters Hill NSW 2110