7 Herberton Avenue

7 Herberton Avenue

Mary Page, spinster, bought Lot 22 in 1885; in 1893 she married William Ward, stonemason, and the site may briefly have been quarried. There is a rubble stone wall on the eastern boundary but this stone house was not built by 1893, according to the Municipal Electoral Roll for that year, when Ward was recorded as living at Onions Point and owner of land in Herberton Avenue.