The house was first known as Elliston. Eyre Goulbourn Ellis appears to have bought the land from the 1862 sale of the estate of Ambrose Foss, and by 1864 Ellis was living here, paying 70 shillings a year in rates. In 1868 the Blakes bought the property, and the house was known as Blakewood; it stood then on 10 acres. The Blakes lived here until 1884, when the widowed Mrs Blake had Moorefield built and moved there. Mrs J. Bowie Wilson lived in Blakewood from 1885 to 1889.
https://greenbook.huntershilltrust.org.au/wp-content/uploads/MountStreet6.jpg 1208 2000 admin http://greenbook.huntershilltrust.org.au/wp-content/uploads/HHT-Logo-pixelmator2-300x138.png admin2018-11-10 05:33:282019-08-12 08:45:366 Mount Street