The Farm Attendant’s Cottage located at Tarban was part of the Gladesville Hospital complex and is a listed, largely intact, heritage item. Research indicates that it was the first and therefore the oldest surviving purpose-built institutional building on the Tarban Creek side of the Gladesville Asylum. It has social significance from its association with the Mental Hospital and aesthetic significance as an intact specimen of the Federation Arts & Crafts style, designed in 1917 by the then Government Architect, George McRae. The Cottage retains a large amount of the original fabric and its physical integrity is exceptionally high. It has many preserved elements of the Arts & Crafts movement such as the bracketed upper gable, prominent gable verge, roughcast render, tapered stone base and Oriel window. The current owners have recently done a sympathetic extension and restored the interior to be as faithful as possible to the original design.
https://greenbook.huntershilltrust.org.au/wp-content/uploads/WarudaPlace31alt.jpg 603 1000 admin http://greenbook.huntershilltrust.org.au/wp-content/uploads/HHT-Logo-pixelmator2-300x138.png admin2019-05-20 04:51:362019-06-24 05:41:4231 Waruda Place