Charles Smith bought this land from Didier Joubert and then sold to Francis Abigail, MLA in 1882, a total of 3 acres 2 roods 19½ perches. In 1883 Abigail sold Lot 9 to Martha Baker (wife of George Baker, fruit grower, of Lane Cove). In 1900 George Robert Barker of Gladesville, warder, owned Lot 9. Sands Directory of 1900 shows Thomas Laidlaw, bootmaker, here and in 1922 Laidlaw bought the house and bootmaker’s shop (front left room). The house is close to the street, characteristic of shops.
https://greenbook.huntershilltrust.org.au/wp-content/uploads/FigtreeRoad10-1.jpg 585 1000 admin http://greenbook.huntershilltrust.org.au/wp-content/uploads/HHT-Logo-pixelmator2-300x138.png admin2018-11-10 05:34:142019-08-04 02:00:2110 Figtree Road