The Mercantile Rowing Club, established 1874 had their training establishment at 15 Dick Street. In 1886 there was a boat shed, housekeeper’s cottage, club dwelling of dining hall and two sleeping rooms. The club could put 30 boats crewed by 124 members in the water. The main rowing courses were set between The Brothers and Ryde Bridge. In 1947 the Housing Commission resumed the land under notice No. D630084. A block of 30 housing units was opened by Mr. Clive Evatt on April 22, 1949. The beach was used by locals to store their dinghies; a gaggle of geese nested there. On March 27, 1997, the Commission sold the land for private development.
Hunters Hill NSW 2110