This house was built on parts of original grants to John Tawell (1835) and John Hughes (1836). The land was purchased from Philip B. Walker in 1891 by William H. Manning who lived in The Chalet nearby. This modified Queen Anne style brick house was built c1906 on one acre which extended to the water. Since construction the house has been occupied by many families and underwent extensive restoration and a sympathetic extension some 20 years ago. One of the largest Port Jackson figs in Sydney stands in the northern corner of the garden and is listed as a Significant Tree on the Municipal Register. A map of 1891 shows the ferry area belonging to Charles Edward Jeanneret who ran the ferry service at the bottom of Ferry Street.
Hunters Hill NSW 2110