This house originally stood at 20 Church Street. It is probably the house which S.B. Levick owned from 1881 and let in the same year to Thomas Drinkwater, in 1885 to Maria Augustus Kirwan, and in 1886 to W.A. Gullick. He occupied the house himself in 1887-88 and by 1890 had sold it to R.C. Whitehouse. From 1911 until its removal in 1970, this house belonged to the Ebsworth family. When the site was sold for the construction of home units, David Abotomy, restorer of historic buildings in Asia and Europe, dismantled and re-erected the house for his mother on land behind Lantana (21 Mount Street), which was in the family. The matching of fittings for the house illustrates the value of faithful restoration.
Hunters Hill NSW 2110