Built of brick, with stone eagles on each of the gate pillars, this house with its abutment to Martha Lane is unusual in a suburb where houses are sited well within their garden boundaries. Reputed to have been built by an island trader from Fiji who had Pacific Island house boys living in the grounds, Sands Directory lists Rev John Jones, pastor of the Congregational Church, as living here from 1890 to 1900. A Miss H.L. Jones was also listed as having a school here from 1894 to 1898. Rev Jones died in 1909 and the London Missionary Society erected a stained glass window in the church in memory of him.
Hunters Hill NSW 2110