Ardenclutha was built by Azzapardi for the Reverend George McIntosh, of Parramatta, after he purchased two lots of the land at a public auction held on the Field of Mars Common in 1885, for £125 each. The land was described as being: part of the subdivision of the Field of Mars Common, fronting the then Hunter’s Hill (now Ryde) Road and backing on to Everard Street. A two bedroom cottage was built prior to the present mansion, to which it is attached. Sands Directory listed G.J. Azzapardi as resident in the 1890s and early 1900s.
Hunters Hill NSW 2110