Building was constructed by 1912 and is reputed to be one of architect Henry Budden’s speculative buildings. Brick Queen Anne Revival/Federation Bungalow style cottage with tiled hipped roof and gable over projecting front bay. Slate roof with terracotta ridging, tuckpointed red brick, high sandstone base with arched openings like Budden’s Mornington. Use of sandstone in basecourse of the building and in garden setting. This and other lots to the north formed a continuation of the Prince Edward & Prince George Parade ‘central square’. The building is prominently sited to overlook the Parramatta River and is a good characterful example of early 20th century domestic architecture on the peninsula. Rate Book: 1920 Mrs Jenkins Cottage £1,400; 1912 Arthur Budden owns four cottages.
Hunters Hill NSW 2110