George Bush built these two houses for rental in 1885. One was let to James R. Thompson (one of the directors of the Atlas Engineering Company) and the other to a number of people, beginning with Charles Twemlow (see 57 The Point Road) in 1886. In 1888 E. Butcher was tenant, having sold his house Arden Lea (1A Werambie Street). Wyanoke Private School was located at 38 The Point Road from 1911 to 1917; the Principal was Miss McManamey. The houses bore the names Wongonui and Wlangaroa in 1924.
Hunters Hill NSW 2110