In 1890 Edward Baker, dealer, rented this house from H.E. Vaughan, who was the executor of Earnshaw’s estate, in which this house was located. Batemans Road was earlier called Earnshaw Road. This house was for a time called Bateman’s Cottage as it appeared to have been the one belonging to Bateman. This house may well have been built and owned by John Reeves.
Hunters Hill NSW 2110