The front of this house was Henry Glassock’s cottage, which existed in 1861 when the first rates were collected. Glassock was town clerk in 1862 and one room of his stone house was used as a council chamber. In 1870 Francis Zala, quarryman (who had been a tenant in 27 Madeline Street the year before) bought the house. James Ryng, foreman of works, bought it from him in 1874 and let it for many years.
Hunters Hill NSW 2110