Better seen from below the cliff or from the water, this house was built early in 1886 by John Whitehorn on Lots 1 and 3, Section B of the Sunnyside North subdivision. On the original subdivision, this part of Vernon Street was appropriately called Undercliffe Street. The name Sunnyside was borne by the house in the 1924 records; a Sunnyside was listed off Woolwich Road in this position from 1906, with Peter Freidrichsen living in it.

22 Vernon Street
Hunters Hill NSW 2110