The original Council Chamber, measuring 50 feet by 30 feet and built of stone, was opened on January 13, 1866. The building was designed by Mr C. Mayes, architect, and cost f750. From 1890 to 1897 the Ladies Grammar School was located in the Town Hall and the Principal was Miss Jessie Dobbie, daughter of the Headmaster of the Hunters Hill Public School nearby. Additions were made in 1902-3 and in 1938 and the Museum was added in 1967. The building was severely damaged by fire in January 1978 and irreplaceable historical records lost to fire and water. At a cost of $1,200,000 a modern town hall was built, preserving most of the facade of the original stone building.
Hunters Hill NSW 2110