Didier Joubert sold this lot to William Murray, a stonemason, in July 1879 and in 1884 William Devitt, carpenter, purchased it. Since Devitt owned the property until 1921, it is likely that he built these two similar timber cottages and then let them. A heritage walk plaque reveals that the demolition of the first St Joseph’s School building provided material for local tradesmen.

17 & 19 Mark Street
Hunters Hill NSW 2110