This house was built by John C. Solomon, contractor, in 1912. It was named Canberra in the year Walter Burley Griffin won the competition for the design of Canberra. The low eaves and spacious verandahs show increasing adaptation to Australian conditions. Solomon also built 16 Prince Edward Parade and two houses in Margaret Street. The Solomons lived here until 1936.
Hunters Hill NSW 2110