Some time between 1881 and 1884, George Fesq built these two 10-room stone houses and Matthew Bloomfield used the premises as a hotel called the Woolwich Pier Hotel. Fesq retained ownership and in 1887 the Castlemaine Brewing Company managed the hotel after which Mrs Vawdrey was licensee. In 1891 the hotel was moved to the corner of Woolwich Road and Gale Street and these houses were let, one to W.D. Mears, the other to Miss Bennett.
Hunters Hill NSW 2110