This small stone cottage was built in 1883-4 by Carlo Cerutti, a stonemason. He had previously lived in Joubert Street, in Figtree Road and in Gladesville Road. This move brought him close to the major stone construction of the day, the building of St Joseph’s College. Three other stonemasons soon lived near him. In this way, a rural part of Hunters Hill was being suburbanised. When it was built, this house looked down into a valley of farms, orchards, dairies and piggeries.
Hunters Hill NSW 2110