John Williams sold land to Elizabeth Potts (see Alexandra Street) in 1884, and she sold this lot to Arthur Gray in 1913, who sold that same year to Charles Thompson, a retired butcher. The house was built in about 1917 by a builder named Francis Tolley. Thompson named the house The Rest, and it was occupied by members of his family until the 1960s. The land next door, 8 Kelly Street (Lot 7) was purchased by Percival Kelly in 1913. In 1916 Sands Directory listed William H. Kelly living in Gray Street and Arthur Gray, JP, living in Kelly Street.
Hunters Hill NSW 2110