Alexandra and Ferdinand Streets Congregational Church

Alexandra Street & Ferdinand Street

From 1868 services had been conducted (in the Council Chambers…
1 Ferdinand Street

1 Ferdinand Street

In 1886 the Congregational Church (Alexandra Street) decided…
2 Ferdinand Street

2 Ferdinand Street

In 1886, while living around the corner in one of Mrs Schmidt’s…

5 Ferdinand Street

Until 1890 this land belonged to Judge Manning of Alexandra Street;…
11 Ferdinand Street

11 Ferdinand Street

This brick cottage was first listed as Penventon in 1894, with…
MARUNA, 12 Ferdinand Street

12 Ferdinand Street

This was the first stone house built by Jules Joubert on land…
15 Ferdinand Street

15 Ferdinand Street

Melchior Viel (Vial) D’Aram, another Frenchman investing in…
17 Ferdinand Street

17 Ferdinand Street

This land was owned in 1875 by D’Aram, in 1878 by Henry Brookes,…
18 Ferdinand Street

18 Ferdinand Street

This was part of the Brookes estate (see Maruna, 12 Ferdinand…
19 Ferdinand Street

19 Ferdinand Street

This timber cottage was built in 1887 by Annie Louisa Norrie…
21 Ferdinand Street

21 Ferdinand Street

Alfred Weeks, warehouseman, built the initial part of this stone…