6 Passy Avenue

6 Passy Avenue

Part of William Morgan's 1834 grant, this land (Lots 9, 10, 11)…
1 Passy Avenue

1 Passy Avenue

One of Hunters Hill's earliest two-storey stone houses, Passy…
6 Gladstone Avenue

6 Gladstone Avenue

In 1896 this house was called Carleith; it had been built on…
1 Gladstone Avenue
4 Gladstone Avenue

4 Gladstone Avenue

This house was built by Alfred Thomas Brakell and called The…
22 Prince George Parade

22 Prince George Parade

From 1884 to 1897 G. A. Down, architect, lived here in this brick,…
TERARA, 24 Prince George Parade

24 Prince George Parade

Thomas Irons owned this eight-room stone house on Lot 6, Section…
19 Prince Edward Parade

19 Prince Edward Parade

The architect of this house was J. Simpson of Balmain and it…
2 Prince Edward Parade

2 Prince Edward Parade

This is one of six houses in this area designed by Henry Budden…
4 Prince Edward Parade

4 Prince Edward Parade

This is one of six houses built around 1900 designed by Hunters…
18 Prince Edward Parade

18 Prince Edward Parade

This house was built by John C. Solomon, contractor, in 1912.…
1 Tiree Avenue

8 Tiree Avenue

Until 1873 the curate in charge of All Saints Church, Church…
25 Glenview Crescent

25 Glenview Crescent

This house was built in 1888 by Charles Edward Jeanneret for…
27 Glenview Crescent

27 Glenview Crescent

By 1890 C.F.M. Michelmore lived in a five-room stone house and…
3 Jeanneret Avenue

3 Jeanneret Avenue

In 1874 Charles Edward Jeanneret bought 11 acres of land from…
21 Glenview Crescent

21 Glenview Crescent

This house was built in 1888, according to descendants of Charles…
11 Wybalena Road

11 Wybalena Road

This is a modern house, built of materials recovered from buildings…
13 Wybalena Road

13 Wybalena Road

This house was built for Henry G. Kilby during 1890 on the land…
23 Wybalena Road

23 Wybalena Road

In 1885 Lots 1, 2 and 3, Section 2, Wybalena were owned by P.B.…
7 Wybalena Road

7 Wybalena Road

In 1881 Stanley Jeanneret (son of Charles Jeanneret) owned this…
9 Wybalena Road

9 Wybalena Road

This house is on the site of a large grant purchased in 1836…
1 Wybalena Road

1 Wybalena Road

In 1878 Joseph Fyson purchased land from Charles Jeanneret and…
St Claire 2 Wybalena Road

2 Wybalena Road

An 1834 map shows this land belonging to J.T. Hughes (see Wybalena…
5 Werambie Street

5 Werambie Street

This house was built in 1891 for H. Carpenter; the architect…
7 Werambie Street

7 Werambie Street

In 1885 Henry Pike, barrister, owned 9 acres extending to the…
4 Werambie Street

4 Werambie Street

In 1901, Harry Charles Dinham purchased Lot 13 (4 Werambie Street)…
1 Werambie Street

1 Werambie Street

In 1896 Sands Directory listed Ronald Cameron in this house,…
2 View Street

2 View Street

The earliest this house can be identified in Sands Directory…
1A Werambie Street

1A Werambie Street

Arden Lea was first built as a four-room stone cottage, either…
61 & 63 The Point Road

61 & 63 The Point Road

In 1899 this land was owned by Richard G.P. Simmonds, of Balmain,…
62 The Point Road

62 The Point Road

ln 1897 this land was owned by George H. Pike, barrister, until…
64 The Point Road

64 The Point Road

Frederick Pearson was listed in Sands Directory as living here…
55-57 The Point Road

55-57 The Point Road

This was part of the Monte Cristo Estate, subdivided in about…
58 The Point Road

58 The Point Road

The land, including the site of 56 The Point Road, was part of…
44 The Point Road

44 The Point Road

This land, Lots 2 and 3 of the Valentia Subdivision, was owned…
39 The Point Road

39 The Point Road

This house was built on Lots 24 to 27, Section 2, Valentia Subdivision.…
41 The Point Road

41 The Point Road

Henry Morris Pike, surveyor, had in 1881 been living in an eight-room…
42 The Point Road

42 The Point Road

Richard Hayes Hartnett owned the land (34 perches), sold it to…
26 The Point Road

26 The Point Road

This is probabiy the house referred to in Council records of…
38 & 40 The Point Road

38 & 40 The Point Road

George Bush built these two houses for rental in 1885. One was…
24 The Point Road

24 The Point Road

Built and occupied in 1881 by Lyndon B. Carpenter, this was a…
25 The Point Road

25 The Point Road

Francis Peel, professor of music, was listed in Sands Directory…
12 The Point Road

12 The Point Road

Sidney J. Spencer, of Woolwich, importer, owned part of an 11…
16 The Point Road

16 The Point Road

In 1879 George Suttie lived in Palser Street (The Point Road)…
20 The Point Road

20 The Point Road

This house was probably built after 1904 by Charles Ormonde Smithers…
2 & 4 The Point Road

2 The Point Road

Robert Vining Gale, first Mayor, schoolmaster and later Town…
3 The Point Road

3 The Point Road

This land was purchased by George Fesq in 1899 and transmitted…
8 The Point Road

8 The Point Road

This house, which faces the river, was built by the turn of the…
9 Hunter Street

9 Hunter Street

During 1881 George Fesq, wine and spirit merchant of Sydney had…
2 Mayfield Avenue

2 Mayfield Avenue

This house was built by George Fesq (see 9 Hunter Street) about…
21 & 23 Gale Street

21 & 23 Gale Street

Alfred Edgington, a director of Atlas Engineering Company (see…
1 HunterStreet

1 Hunter Street

This house was probably built by George Fesq (see 9 Hunter Street).…
15 & 17 Gale Street

15 & 17 Gale Street

Some time between 1881 and 1884, George Fesq built these two…
18 Gale Street

18 Gale Street

During 1877 Charles George Ireland, draughtsman, of Balmain,…
1,3 & 5 Gale Street

1,3,5 Gale Street

This land was part of T.D. Edwards' 11 acre grant of 1835. This…
7 Gale Street

7 Gale Street

Gale Street was named after Robert Vining Gale, variously a schoolmaster,…
8 Gale Street

8 Gale Street

This land is part of 11 acres granted to Thomas Dyer Edwards…
8,10,12,14 Alfred Street

8,10,12,14 Alfred Street

This row of small terrace houses is unusual this far from the…
Woodstock, 3 Alfred Street

3 Alfred Street

In 1834 land was granted to shipwright John Clarke from the area…
1 Sea Street

1 Sea Street

(Demolished) In 1839 an original grant of 18 acres was made to…
79 Ryde Road

79 Ryde Road

James Wyatt Collison, carpenter of Hunters Hill, purchased Lot…
75 and 77 Ryde Road

75 & 77 Ryde Road

This land was purchased by Charlotte Easton of Milsons Point,…
74 Ryde Road

74 Ryde Road

John Rickham paid £130 for Lot 1, extending back to Everard…
73 Ryde Road

73 Ryde Road

William F. Batiste was a ferry captain; he retired at the age…
69 Ryde Road

69 Ryde Road

John Corley  (see also 51 Ryde Road) owned and occupied this…
52 Ryde Road

52 Ryde Road

Ardenclutha was built by Azzapardi for the Reverend George McIntosh,…
51 Ryde Road

51 Ryde Road

John Corley (see 69 Ryde Road) bought Lot 5, Section 2 from Francis…
46 Ryde Road

46 Ryde Road

This land was part of a 30 acre grant made in 1835 to Frederick…
24 Ryde Road

24 Ryde Road

This could be a cottage which George Whitfield, butcher, built…
St Josephs College Mark Street St Gates

Ryde Road

In 1872 four Marist Brothers had opened a primary school in Harrington…
Gladesville Hospital '

Gladesville Hospital, Victoria Road

The main building was designed by Mortimer Lewis, Colonial Architect,…
62 Gladesville Rd

62 Gladesville Road

Didier Joubert sold this land in 1878 to Carlo Ceruti, an Italian…
50 Gladesville Road

50 Gladesville Road

Didier Joubert sold several lots in 1878 to John O'Grady,…
41 Gladesville Road

41 Gladesville Road

Mr Frank McNeill was first listed in Toronto in 1885, and Hugh…
34 Gladesville Road

34 Gladesville Road

This land was part of one of Mary Reibey’s original grants…
18 Gladesville Road

18 Gladesville Road

In 1884, Michael Lynch, quarryman and contractor, occupied this…
10 Gladesville Road

10 Gladesville Road

Charles Smith sold numerous lots in 1882 to Charles Purnell of…
8 Gladesville Road

8 Gladesville Road

Charles Smith had acquired the title to a large portion of his…
2 Herberton Avenue

2 Herberton Avenue

This house was built by 1890 for Thomas Powell, an engineer at…
2A Ady Street THEGRANARY

2 Ady Street

The Granary was built in about 1920 as a grain store.