2 Kelly Street

4 Lloyd Avenue

This house first appeared in Sands Directory in 1897 as Wilga,…
1 McBride Avenue

1 McBride Avenue

The Haven was built around 1859 by Jules Joubert (see 25 Ernest…
1A McBride Avenue

1A McBride Avenue

This stone building is said to have been a gatehouse and/or caretaker's…
5 Ady Street

5 Ady Street

This pair of joined houses was previously listed under Browns…
11A Ady Street

11A Ady Street

Originally named Femcliffe, this house was built on land which…
25 Ernest Street

25 Ernest Street

This house was the home of Jules Joubert after he left Villa…
4 D'Aram Street

4 D'Aram Street

In 1887 William Poulton had a four-roomed wooden cottage built…
5 Ernest Street

5 Ernest Street

During 1880 and 1881, James Ryng built this four-room stone cottage…
6 Ernest Street

6 Ernest Street

This brick house, with its wide verandah and 371 foot frontage…
4 North Parade

4 North Parade

In 1900, Herbert Weynton, manufacturer, owned the land here.…
2 D'Aram Street

2 D'Aram Street

Alexander J. Norrie bought the land which went from Ferdinand…
21 Ferdinand Street

21 Ferdinand Street

Alfred Weeks, warehouseman, built the initial part of this stone…
2 North Parade

2 North Parade

In 1876 William John Turner owned bushland on the Lane Cove River…
18 Ferdinand Street

18 Ferdinand Street

This was part of the Brookes estate (see Maruna, 12 Ferdinand…
19 Ferdinand Street

19 Ferdinand Street

This timber cottage was built in 1887 by Annie Louisa Norrie…
15 Ferdinand Street

15 Ferdinand Street

Melchior Viel (Vial) D’Aram, another Frenchman investing in…
17 Ferdinand Street

17 Ferdinand Street

This land was owned in 1875 by D’Aram, in 1878 by Henry Brookes,…
MARUNA, 12 Ferdinand Street

12 Ferdinand Street

This was the first stone house built by Jules Joubert on land…

5 Ferdinand Street

Until 1890 this land belonged to Judge Manning of Alexandra Street;…
11 Ferdinand Street

11 Ferdinand Street

This brick cottage was first listed as Penventon in 1894, with…
1 Ferdinand Street

1 Ferdinand Street

In 1886 the Congregational Church (Alexandra Street) decided…
2 Ferdinand Street

2 Ferdinand Street

In 1886, while living around the corner in one of Mrs Schmidt’s…
31 Madeline Street

31 Madeline Street

Antonio Bondietti, stonemason, who had a cottage in Hunters Hill…
6 Lot Lane

6 Lot Lane

This house originally stood at 20 Church Street. It is probably…

27 Madeline Street

Antonio Bondietti, a Swiss-Italian stonemason, built this cottage…
29 Madeline Street

29 Madeline Street

The earliest that this timber cottage can be identified in Sands…
23 Madeline Street

23 Madeline Street

The front of this house was Henry Glassock’s cottage, which…
25 Madeline Street

25 Madeline Street

This house was built in the 1870s on Lot 5 of the Joubert sub-division,…
26 Madeline Street

26 Madeline Street

This is a rare survivor of an early Hunters Hill outbuilding…
19 Madeline Street

19 Madeline Street

Jules Joubert sold this land to James Stephen Stanner (see also…
22 Madeline Street

22 Madeline Street

This house and four others, in Ernest Street (11, 15, 17, 19),…
15 Madeline Street

15 Madeline Street

Built in 1875 for Elijah Green, grocer, this house became the…
17 Madeline Street

17 Madeline Street

In 1859 this lot was part of ten acres owned by Jules Joubert.…
11 Madeline Street

11 Madeline Street

Built originally as a one-room stone cottage for a quarry worker's…
1 Madeline Street

1 Madeline Street

Felix Cullen (see The Gladstone and no. 5 Madeline Street) had…
5 Madeline Street

3 Madeline Street

This house is two cottages joined. The oldest section (east)…
22 Vernon Street

22 Vernon Street

Better seen from below the cliff or from the water, this house…
24 Vernon Street

24 Vernon Street

John Dobbie Senior owned this land between 1886 and 1890, but…
10 Vernon Street

10 Vernon Street

Thomas E. Cooper, Sydney manager of Cadbury’s chocolates, purchased…
16 Vernon Street

16 Vernon Street

This house, built in 1906, adjoins Mornington Reserve, which…
7 Futuna Street

7 Futuna Street

This house was built in 1889 by Charles Edward Jeanneret. It…
9 Futuna Street

9 Futuna Street

This house was built in 1889 by Charles Edward Jeanneret. It…
6 Vernon Street

6 Vernon Street

This house dates from 1912. John A. Brown bought the land from…
5 Futuna Street

5 Futuna Street

This house was built in 1894 by Charles Edward Jeanneret for…
2 Futuna Street

2 Futuna Street

This house is said to have been a wedding present for Charles…
15 Crescent Street

15 Crescent Street

Didier Joubert offered the Passy Estate for sale in 1858. Edye…
St Peter Chanel Church Futuna Street

Futuna Street

On land that was originally part of Charles Edward Jeanneret's…
12 Crescent Street

12 Crescent Street

Although this house has the appearance of a much later date,…
14 Crescent Street

14 Crescent Street

Alfred Christian Garrick (son-in-law of Jules Joubert) was the…
1 & 3 Crescent Street

1 & 3 Crescent Street

Wilton Bank and Braeburn were built in 1906 as a pair of mirror…
97 & 99 Woolwich Road

97 & 99 Woolwich Road

The builder Charles Edward Little (see 93 & 95 Woolwich Road)…
Woolwich Pier Hotel

2 Gale Street

In 1889 George Fesq (see Verdelais, 9 Hunter Street) owned vacant…
96 Woolwich Road

96 Woolwich Road

This building is on part of the original grant of 1835 to Thomas…
73 Woolwich Road

73 Woolwich Road

This land, Lots 1 and 2, Section 1 of the Woodstock Subdivision,…
93 Woolwich Road

93 & 95 Woolwich Road

Charles Edward Little, a builder, constructed, owned and let…
Woolwich Convent and School

66 Woolwich Road

In 1908 Mother Melanie established the first community of Marist…
65 & 67 Woolwich Road

65 & 67 Woolwich Road

This pair of six-room brick houses was built in 1885 for Edward…
63 Woolwich Road

63 Woolwich Road

Frederick E. Espenhahn lived in this cottage from 1888. He built…
54 Woolwich Road

54 Woolwich Road

This house was built in 1901, designed by Henry E. Budden as…
58 Woolwich Road

58 Woolwich Road

Frederick Cameroux, marine engineer, bought this land in 1887…
59 Woolwich Road

59 Woolwich Road

Angelo Tornaghi, jeweller (see 31 Madeline Street), purchased…
48 Woolwich Road

48 Woolwich Road

The land between Vernon Street, Woolwich Road, Serpentine Road…
52 Woolwich Road

52 Woolwich Road

This house was built in about 1906 and first listed in Sands…
43 Woolwich Road

43 Woolwich Road

Three acres of land in this area belonged to Charles Edward Jeanneret…

45 & 47 Woolwich Road

This land had been owned by Charles Edward Jeanneret; it was…
30 Woolwich Road

30 Woolwich Road

This house was built in 1894 by Charles Edward Jeanneret. It…
41 Woolwich Road

41 Woolwich Road

Arthur Budden of Rockley, bank manager, held this land, part…
42 Woolwich Road

42 Woolwich Road

This house was designed by a German architect and built around…
27 Woolwich Road

27 Woolwich Road

This house was built by Charles Edward Jeanneret in 1893 on the…
29 Woolwich Road

29 Woolwich Road

This house was built by Charles Edward Jeanneret in 1893 and…
9 Woolwich Road

9 Woolwich Road

Charles Edward Jeanneret built this half of a pair of two-storey…
18 Woolwich Road

18 Woolwich Road

This house was built in 1906, designed by George W. Durrell,…
22 Woolwich Road

22 Woolwich Road

ln 1874 the land owned by Charles Edward Jeanneret was bounded…
6 Woolwich Road

6 Woolwich Road

This land, part of Lot 7, was owned by Mark Faviell of Pymble,…
7 Woolwich Road

7 Woolwich Road

Clifton was built for John Rider Jones on land which was part…
5 Woolwich Road

5 Woolwich Road

This house has a foundation stone marked AD 1902. Sands Directory…
3 Woolwich Road

3 Woolwich Road

This site of about 13 acres, was passed from William Morgan to…
2 & 4 Woolwich Road

2 & 4 Woolwich Road

The Towers, massive two-storey semi-detached houses, appear to…
1 Woolwich Road

1 Woolwich Road

The prefabricated Bordier-imported houses all had stone outbuildings…
8 Passy Avenue Wurley Court

8 Passy Avenue

This brick bungalow, now one of three buildings, was built in…