Bernard Fitzpatrick lived in this area from 1864 and became an alderman in 1871. His stone cottage and land were variously described as Tarban off Ryde Road, Gladesville, Bridge Street, Milling Street. He owned 28 acres which was most of Thomas Jones’ original 1798 grant of 30 acres. This house built by Ambrose Fitzpatrick (son of Catherine Milling after whom the street was named) bore the name Lough Rea. The land around the house was eventually subdivided, shared among family members and other houses in Milling Street were built and lived in by the Fitzpatrick family. By 1890 Mrs Bernard Fitzpatrick lived in Carina and Walter Fitzpatrick in Wynella. The Municipal Roll of 1893 listed five Fitzpatricks owning three houses and six parcels of land in the area. These included 7 Milling Street and probably 16a Milling Street.