Didier Joubert sold this land in 1878 to Carlo Ceruti, an Italian stonemason. Sands Directory of 1879 shows that a house existed by then and that Carlo Ceruti lived here. He sold in 1886 to George A. Moore, Secretary of ISN Co. The Police Station was next door, behind a recent building which housed a bank. There was a courtyard to the east. The house was named Hillrest because this is where the horses were rested after the pull up the hill.
https://greenbook.huntershilltrust.org.au/wp-content/uploads/GladesvilleRoad62.jpg 1238 2000 admin http://greenbook.huntershilltrust.org.au/wp-content/uploads/HHT-Logo-pixelmator2-300x138.png admin2018-11-05 22:42:422018-11-12 03:50:3062 Gladesville Road