Part of William Morgan’s 1834 grant, this land (Lots 9, 10, 11) was sold by H. C. Mitchell and E. Ashdown in 1903 to C. T. Metcalfe, who sold that year to R. T. Blaxland and W. C. Metcalfe. Around 1903, Wilfred Cecil Metcalfe built himself a two-storey Arts & Crafts house similar to his home in England, which was also called Tranby. Later Mr Metcalfe built another home in Mosman with the same plan as Tranby, and his daughter did the same in Dubbo. In 1910, Tranby was sold to Annie Elizabeth Titmus, wife of Charles Titmus, share-broker, who owned it until 1945 when it was bought by Alexandrena Fraser Lyons, medical practitioner. An early pre-fabricated timber house thought to have been brought from Europe stood on the Ferry Street frontage of this property as the coach house of Passy, later called Magnolia Maison. In 1967 it was moved to Burwood and is now part of the Wellings Gatehouse Museum.
https://greenbook.huntershilltrust.org.au/wp-content/uploads/PassyAvenue6Tranby.jpg 498 1000 admin http://greenbook.huntershilltrust.org.au/wp-content/uploads/HHT-Logo-pixelmator2-300x138.png admin2018-11-10 05:32:092019-08-16 02:23:416 Passy Avenue