By 1885 much of the Everard Farm had been subdivided (the playing fields went to St Joseph’s College in 1884) and this portion of almost 12 acres was purchased by colonial barrister John Leo Watkins. Llanthony was built during 1884, while Watkins lived in the Gladstone (Alexandra Street). This Victorian two-storey stone house, built in the Italian villa style, had fifteen rooms, a separate stone ballroom, cottage and stables. Llanthony was named after a 12th century abbey, ruined at the time of Henry VIII, in South Wales. The surrounding land was subdivided after 1918, and additions made to the servants’ quarters (facing Everard Street) in 1935. By the early 1970s it was almost in ruins when it was bought and converted into 10 strata units. Much of its original detail and appearance has been preserved.
https://greenbook.huntershilltrust.org.au/wp-content/uploads/EverardStreet6.jpg 1265 2000 admin http://greenbook.huntershilltrust.org.au/wp-content/uploads/HHT-Logo-pixelmator2-300x138.png admin2018-11-10 05:33:562019-04-30 04:19:526 Everard Street