48 The Point Road
GRAYLATA

48 The Point Road

A substantially intact Federation Arts & Crafts Bungalow with Queen Anne Revival influences built around 1911 and constructed for John Walter Hedges as an investment, although extensive alterations and additions have been done to the rear. Brick cottage with slated tiled hipped roof continuing over front and side verandahs and gable over bayed front with part parapet. Decorative rough cast chimneys. A good characterful example of early 20th century architecture. Sands Directory: 1914 Sutherland, James ‘Graylata’ (who purchased from Hedges); 1917 Capt Malcolm Wright; 1921-23 Francis W. Arnold. Rate Book 1920 has both houses (including No. 50), owned by Mrs Whatmore and Malcolm Wright valued at £1,100.