This land was part of a 30 acre grant made in 1835 to Frederick Augustus Hayne. He sold to Dr Leopold Augustus Carter, dentist, in 1902 and the house, listed as Rye in Sands Directory, was constructed in 1904. In 1938 Dr Carter sold to the Cavanagh family who were here until about 1980. Marika, is an outstanding example of the federation style of architecture and is listed on the NSW State Heritage Register. Covers two large blocks of land with remnants of original garden layout, including mature trees, flower beds and paths.
https://greenbook.huntershilltrust.org.au/wp-content/uploads/RydeRoad46-e1541545796974.jpg 189 300 admin http://greenbook.huntershilltrust.org.au/wp-content/uploads/HHT-Logo-pixelmator2-300x138.png admin2018-11-05 22:43:122019-08-16 02:03:3846 Ryde Road