41 The Point Road
CORA LYNN

41 The Point Road

Henry Morris Pike, surveyor, had in 1881 been living in an eight-room wood and stone cottage on Lots 77 and 78; this house was built for him in 1882 and he continued to live in it for many years. Girton College, a school for girls, was here during 1905-6; the principal was Miss C. LePlastrier, botanist, and the school was closed when she went to Redlands. The building was at one time the property of the Church of Christ but is again in private ownership and has been renovated.