Antonio Bondietti, stonemason, who had a cottage in Hunters Hill in the year of the first rates, 1861, purchased this land from D.N. Joubert in 1863 for the sum of £50. He built this house and sold to Angelo Tornaghi for £500 three years later. Tornaghi owned and occupied the property from 1866-1892. He had a watchmaking and mathematical instrument business in George Street, Sydney and became Mayor of Hunters Hill in 1879 and again in 1882-3. The house fell into disrepair and except for the stonemasonry was almost entirely rebuilt.
https://greenbook.huntershilltrust.org.au/wp-content/uploads/MadelineStreet31.jpg 1199 2000 admin http://greenbook.huntershilltrust.org.au/wp-content/uploads/HHT-Logo-pixelmator2-300x138.png admin2018-11-10 05:32:392019-06-09 02:55:4531 Madeline Street