25 Huntleys Point Road
Meraildrey

25 Huntleys Point Road

Substantial early 20th century two-storey house built in the mode of a marine villa. Tiled gabled and hipped roof. Demonstrates waterfront development to the 1913 Huntleys Point Estate on what was originally Waruda Road. Built by George Hubert Holliday, Master Builder, and named after his three daughters, Meryl, Ailsa and Audrey, hence Meraildrey. Appears as owner-occupied in 1928 Sands Directory though is possibly earlier. Many houses in this Estate were obliterated during construction of Gladesville Bridge in the early 1960s.