23 Alexandra Street

23 Alexandra Street

From 1879 to 1885 Miss L. Twentyman was postmistress in this house; the owner was John Quirk of Madeline Street. In 1890 Miss Davies had the Post and Telegraph office here and transferred it to the new building across the road in that year. After the departure of the Post Office a shop was opened here and in 1900 it was operated by Miss Tubridy who sold sweets.