21 & 23 Gale Street

21 & 23 Gale Street

Alfred Edgington, a director of Atlas Engineering Company (see Mort’s Dock), owned these two stone houses in 1885 on land which had belonged to Horace Rodgers in 1884. From 1886 Alfred Edgington owned one house and John Edgington the other. By 1924 the houses were owned by Mrs Elizabeth Edgington and 23 Gale Street was called Newstead.