31 Bonnefin Road

31 Bonnefin Road

The earliest reference found in the Rate Assessment Book was…
2 James Street

2 James Street

This house was built in about 1883, occupied first by Robert…
1 James Street

1 James Street

A surveyor’s notebook in the Mitchell Library shows progress…
14 Martin Street

14 Martin Street

The Parcel family also built this cottage on the land Amelia…
13 Martin Street

13 Martin Street

Dorisville is a brick cottage. Sands Directory listed H. Martin…

10 Martin Street

By 1890, Mrs Sarah Hodge was living in this weatherboard house…
11 Martin Street Wairoa

11 Martin Street

Built by Charles Kavanagh on land which he had owned from 1884,…

12 Martin Street

Amelia Parcel bought Lot 2, Section 3 in Martin Street in September…
5 Martin Street

5 Martin Street

William Pilkington built a two-room brick cottage on this site…
26 Avenue Road

26 Avenue Road

In 1896 Alfred Randall built this, his second of three homes,…

2 Martin Street

James Brown owned a four-room stone cottage in Martin Street…
24 Avenue Road

24 Avenue Road

Alfred Randall bought this land for £480 from Numa Joubert in…

22 Avenue Road

Didier Joubert built this house in the late 1870s and until 1886…
20 Avenue Road

20 Avenue Road

This house was built in about 1902. The land was part of a 30…
1 Avenue Road

1 Avenue Road

John Campbell, who was Registrar at the Royal Mint Sydney, purchased…
12 Avenue Road

12 Avenue Road

In 1914 Ruby Windeyer, wife of William Archibald Windeyer, purchased…
Figtree Road St Marks Anglican Church

Figtree Road

This small stone church was originally Figtree Chapel, designed…
20 Figtree Road

20 Figtree Road

In 1882 Francis Abigail sold Lot 14 (with frontages on Ferry…
Shirley, 16 Figtree Road

16 Figtree Road

Francis Abigail sold the land to William Richard Stocker, quarryman,…
10 Figtree Road

10 Figtree Road

Charles Smith bought this land from Didier Joubert and then sold…
14 Figtree Road

14 Figtree Road

This cottage, on Lot 11 Section 2 of the cricket ground subdivision,…
1 Figtree Road

1 Figtree Road

This house was built by Didier Joubert. It was designed as a…
34 Joubert Street

34 Joubert Street

Mme Louise Bonnefin (daughter of Didier Joubert) occupied this…
2 Joubert Street

2 Joubert Street

George Durham, accountant, was first mentioned in Sands Directory…
28 Joubert Street Coorabel

28 Joubert Street

Coorabel is reputed to be the first new home built by Didier…
28a Joubert Street

28A Joubert Street

Annabel Lea was built as a farm building, with servants' quarters…
1 Reiby Road

1 Reiby Road

Figtree House was built in three stages. Mary Reibey (Reiby),…
60 and 62 Mary Street

60 & 62 Mary Street

This pair of timber cottages is typical of those built in this…
58 Mary Street

58 Mary Street

Louis F. Heydon, lawyer, politician and influential Catholic,…
54 Mary Street

54 Mary Street

In 1884, William Murray occupied Patrick McCarthy’s three-room…
46 Mary Street

46 Mary Street

Charles Smith acquired this land, Lot 11, Section 5, part of…
44 Mary Street

44a Mary Street

This house was built in 1878 for G.R. Barker, an attendant at…
42 Mary Street

42 Mary Street

Patrick McCarthy built this stone cottage on this site in 1889.…
38 Mary Street

38 Mary Street

In 1874 Captain Lewis Truscott and his wife Elizabeth retired…
29 Mary Street

29 Mary Street

This house was built about 1914
36 Mary Street

36 Mary Street

This house was built in the 1870s by Lewis Truscott, a ship's…
9 Mary Street

9 Mary Street

Mrs Hartland was born Hannah Barker at Lane Cove in June, 1848,…
Holy Name of Mary Church and Monastery Mary Street

Mary Street

Marist Fathers Dubreuil and Rocher came to Hunters Hill in 1847…
5 Short Street

3 & 5 Short Street

A map which pre-dates 1880 of the Joubert subdivision, including…
2 Massey Street

2 Massey Street

This house was built in 1880 facing Bridge Street (now Pittwater…
10 Milling Street

10 Milling Street

Bernard Fitzpatrick lived in this area from 1864 and became an…
59 Pittwater Road

59 Pittwater Road

The original site was was included in Everard’s grant of 1798…
LLANTHONY, 6 Everard Street

6 Everard Street

By 1885 much of the Everard Farm had been subdivided (the playing…
Nardoo, 62 Blaxland Street

62 Blaxland Street

This corner block was shown as Lot 6, High Street, on a plan…
Yamba, 62 Park Road

62 Park Road

This land was part of the Field of Mars Common, and Frederick…
41 Blaxland Street

41 Blaxland Street

Alexander Hood of Clarence River paid £250 in 1885 for land…
21 Mark Street

21 Mark Street

Angelo Tomaghi bought this land from Didier Joubert in 1881 and…
17 & 19 Mark Street

17 & 19 Mark Street

Didier Joubert sold this lot to William Murray, a stonemason,…
12 Mark Street

12 Mark Street

This small stone cottage was built in 1883-4 by Carlo Cerutti,…
11 Mark Street

11 Mark Street

Between 1882 and 1892 Henry Nattey was living in Mark Street.…
4 and 6 Mark Street

4 and 6 Mark Street

This was once a single house; it was built on part of D.N. Joubert’s…
14 John Street

14 John Street

This house was once the coachman's cottage for the Makinson estates…
1 John Street

1 John Street

This house was apparently built in 1883 or 1884 by Patrick McCarthy…
1A John Street

1A John Street

This house was built, as were three others, from second-hand…
153 Victoria Road

153 Victoria Road

This house, used as a restaurant for many years, now houses a…
163 Victoria Road

163 Victoria Road

This four-room stone cottage, with iron roof, was the first post…
147 Victoria Road

147 Victoria Road

This house was the first police station in Gladesville; it had…
141, 143 Victoria Road

141, 143 Victoria Road

These two semi-detached cottages appear in Sands Directory by…
The Priory

Salter Street

In 1836 Thomas Stubbs, a musician and auctioneer, bought 18 acres…
7 De Milhau Road

7 De Milhau Road

Part of a Crown Grant to Susannah Nash (1836) was acquired by…
11 De Milhau Road

11 De Milhau Road

This house was built by Gabriel de Milhau (see Paraza), who occupied…
6 Earnshaw Street

6 Earnshaw Street

This land (Lot 38 and parts of 37 and 39) was part of James Devlin’s…
33 Makinson Street

33 Makinson Street

This house and the adjoining five lots were purchased in 1884…
3 Mars Street

3 Mars Street

The land of Mars Street was part of an 8 acre lot owned by Earnshaw…
15 Mars Street

15 Mars Street

This farm cottage by Tarban Creek appears to date from the 1840s…
16 Mars Street

16 Mars Street

Three houses existed in Mars Street from the late 1880s; 3, 15…
3 Venus Street

3 Venus Street

George Miles, a stonemason, who may have been a son of William…
65 Batemans Road

65 Batemans Road

This house was on a main track between Tarban and Gladesville,…
52 Batemans Road

52 Batemans Road

This cottage (as do all those in Batemans Road) stands on land…
45 Batemans Road

45 Batemans Road

This house was built by John Reeves (see 19 Batemans Road) in…
34 Batemans Road

34 Batemans Road

Edwin Pierce purchased this land from Robert Earnshaw in 1893…
32 Batemans Road

32 Batemans Road

This land formed part of the original grant to James Devlin.…
30 Batemans Road

30 Batemans Road

This house was built for Mr John Farley in the 1890s. In the…
29 Batemans Road

29 Batemans Road

In 1890 Edward Baker, dealer, rented this house from H.E. Vaughan,…
26 Batemans Road

26 Batemans Road

This house was built in 1892 for Thomas Cooke, warder, and his…
24 Batemans Road

24 Batemans Road

This house may have been Robert Bateman’s hut of about 1840…
22 Batemans Road

22 Batemans Road

The First Certificate of Title of the land was granted to David…
19 Batemans Road

19 Batemans Road

John Reeves (see Batemans Road Area), stonemason and farmer,…
16A Batemans Road

16a Batemans Road

This was a second house, for tenants, on the property of David…
64 Batemans Road

6A Batemans Road

This house was built on part of the original James Devlin grant…