Land adjacent to the Church was purchased in 1890 to provide for a church hall and rectory and this building was completed in that year. Rev P.R. Spry-Bailey moved here from 25 Ernest Street, which had been used as a rectory for some years. There are scripture quotations in stained-glass fanlights and a staircase window depicting a young man as sower and an old man as reaper with ‘As ye shall sow, in due time so shall ye reap’. The rectory is a good example of the Victorian Italianate style, constructed of rendered brick, with classical mouldings and cast iron lace.
https://greenbook.huntershilltrust.org.au/wp-content/uploads/AmbroseStreet2-1.jpg 784 1000 admin http://greenbook.huntershilltrust.org.au/wp-content/uploads/HHT-Logo-pixelmator2-300x138.png admin2019-05-20 04:52:092019-07-01 04:55:482 Ambrose Street