During 1869 a school being conducted in the church in Church Street (now St Marks and moved to Figtree Road) became a National School. It very soon became a public school and was installed in this building, which was opened by Henry Parkes on 24th September 1870. The land had been donated by William Wright and one-third of the cost of building was donated by Captain Henry Brown of Innisfree (11A Ady Street). The cost was £1,427 and the architect was G. Allen Mansfield; the builders were Charles Holdsworth and David Elphinstone. The first master was John Dobbie who remained for many years. The present Infants’ Department building is a fine example of Gothic revival architecture and blends well with the Congregational Church opposite.
https://greenbook.huntershilltrust.org.au/wp-content/uploads/AlexandraStreet17.jpg 749 1000 admin http://greenbook.huntershilltrust.org.au/wp-content/uploads/HHT-Logo-pixelmator2-300x138.png admin2018-11-10 05:33:022019-08-07 06:09:5217 Alexandra Street