This house was the first police station in Gladesville; it had four rooms and a cell in the back yard. Constable Franklin was in Charge in the Great Northern Road from 1889. William Little, attendant at Gladesville Hospital, had purchased this land from R.M. Pearson in 1870; Little sold in 1879 to John Sinclair and in 1914 it was transmitted to John Curtis, Senior Sergeant of Police. In 1918 it was purchased by James Watling, a retired blacksmith. In 1885 Mrs Sinclair called the cottage Glenlehaine.
https://greenbook.huntershilltrust.org.au/wp-content/uploads/VictoriaRoad147.jpg 1392 2000 admin http://greenbook.huntershilltrust.org.au/wp-content/uploads/HHT-Logo-pixelmator2-300x138.png admin2018-11-10 05:33:482019-04-30 04:33:35147 Victoria Road