Alfred Christian Garrick (son-in-law of Jules Joubert) was the owner of Passy in the 1880s and this property was still part of Passy. In 1885 Garrick had this stone house built. An elaborate drawing of the house can be seen in The Australiasian Builder and Contractors News, August 18, 1888. The architect was W.L. Vernon, who became Government Architect, and he also designed the Hunters Hill Post Office (1890) during this time. In 1886 John Arthur was tenant of the house and H.B. Cotton from 1888. The house was named Le Chalet from 1890 for many years. It is now listed on the NSW State Heritage Register.
https://greenbook.huntershilltrust.org.au/wp-content/uploads/CrescentStreet14.jpg 1216 2000 admin http://greenbook.huntershilltrust.org.au/wp-content/uploads/HHT-Logo-pixelmator2-300x138.png admin2018-11-10 05:32:272019-08-16 02:05:1814 Crescent Street