An 1875 surveyor’s record of this area shows no house on this lot. By 1878 George Willis had built a house and shop on a site on the adjacent corner, where Shelley Park is now, and lived in a stone cottage, presumably this one. The floor plans of the two buildings were the same. William Cotton Wise, Town Clerk for many years, came to this house in 1903 and lived here until 1920 when he moved to Orroroo (59 Alexandra Street) retaining ownership of Rosamond. When the corner of Alexandra and Mount Streets was widened and the shop demolished, the Shelley family (7 Mount Street) bought the corner lot and donated it for a park.
https://greenbook.huntershilltrust.org.au/wp-content/uploads/MountStreet11.jpg 1337 2000 admin http://greenbook.huntershilltrust.org.au/wp-content/uploads/HHT-Logo-pixelmator2-300x138.png admin2018-11-10 05:33:292019-06-09 02:12:5311 Mount Street